The Associate of Science in Marketing provides a balance of hands-on experience and academics to prepare students for a 21st-century career in marketing in a variety of industries. The program combines real-world hands-on class projects, a core set of general education courses with specialized marketing courses in consumer behavior, advertising, professional selling, and strategic marketing management. Students will participate in teams to develop new product innovations and create sales presentations and advertising media plans. The curriculum is designed to prepare students to transfer to SUNY and private four-year colleges. The program offers students the opportunity to join the American Marketing Association, the Marketing Club and gain experience in internship positions in manufacturing, consumer goods, services, retailing, distribution, advertising, promotion, direct marketing, e-commerce, international marketing, and many other industries.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the market place and customer needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of the marketing mix to real-world decision-making.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Integrated Marketing Communications as it related to executing the marketing plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge of consumer behavior and the impact of marketing on consumers.
General Education Requirements - 35 Credits
Students are required to fulfill a certain number of credits within the specific categories shown below. Where specific courses are not listed within these categories, courses must be selected from the list of SUNY General Education Courses.
Basic Communication (6 credits)
- ENG 101 - Writing and Research
- COMM 109 - Speech Communication
Humanities (6 credits)
- ENG 102 - Writing and Literature
- PHIL 160 - Ethics
Mathematics (7 credits)
- MATH 140 - Statistics
- Additional college level MATH course - see SUNY General Education Courses
Natural Sciences (4 credits)
- Natural Sciences - LAB course required - see SUNY General Education Courses
Social Sciences (6 credits)
- ECON 101 - Macroeconomics
- ECON 102 - Microeconomics
Other World Civilizations (3 credits)
- Other World Civilizations - see SUNY General Education Courses
American History or Western Civilization (3 credits)
Select a course from ONE of the following categories:
- American History - see SUNY General Education Courses
- Western Civilization - see SUNY General Education Courses
Degree Requirements - 29 Credits
- ACC 119 - Financial Accounting
- ACC 120 - Managerial Accounting
- CIS 110 - Computer Information Systems
- MGT 101 - Business Organization and Management
- MKT 101 - Marketing
- MKT 203 - Advertising
- MKT 207 - Consumer Behavior
- MKT 216 - Marketing Management
Marketing Elective (3 credits, see below)
Select ONE of the following courses:
- MGT 103 - Entrepreneurship
- MKT 103 - Professional Selling
- MKT 202 - Digital Marketing
- MKT 205 - Market Research
- MKT 239 - Market Internship
Minimum Total Credits - 64
About the School
Westchester Community College is more than just the county’s largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affe ... Read More