The Associate of Science in Hotel Management prepares students for management positions in hotels and resorts around the world.
Specialized classes will teach students the skills needed to manage multi-faceted hotel operations, while general education classes such as Composition, Supervision, Marketing, and Concept Development will develop students’ critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and communication abilities.
Courses like Front Office Management, Housekeeping, Introduction to Food and Beverage, and Meeting Planning equip students with relevant industry knowledge and the managerial and administrative skills required to succeed in the growing hospitality field. Students also gain practical experience through on-the-job training in hotels and resorts.
Upon successful completion of the associate degree program, students may seek entry-level positions in hotels, restaurants, convention facilities, and resorts. Possible positions include assistant front office manager, assistant food and beverage manager, housekeeping manager, event planner, and sales representative.
Hands-on Courses General Education
- CULINARY FOR HOSPITALITY PROFESSIONALS
- APPETIZING STARTS
- INTRO TO COOKING TECHNIQUES
- DESSERT FUNDAMENTALS
- RESTAURANT OPERATIONS (4 COURSES)
- INTERNSHIP (2 EXPERIENCES)
- FRESHMAN SEMINAR
- FOUNDATIONS IN RESEARCH
- ENGLISH COMPOSITION
- COLLEGE MATH
- INTRO TO COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
- EXPLORING PSYCHOLOGY
- STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
- UNDERSTANDING WORLD CULTURES
- AMERICAN COURTS & LEGAL SYSTEM
- NUTRITION FOR A HEALTHY LIFE
- THE LEADING SUPERVISOR *
- INTRODUCTORY FRENCH
- SHAPING AMERICAN CULTURES
- CULTURE OF FLORIDA & THE BAHAMAS
- INTRO TO HOSPITALITY
- INTRO TO DINING ROOM SERVICE
- PRINCIPLES IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT
- PROPERTY OPERATIONS
- SANITATION *
- MANAGING FRONT OFFICE OPERATIONS *
- PURCHASING & COST CONTROL*
- INTRO TO WINES
- SERVSAFE ALCOHOL & BEER *
- MEETING PLANNING
- PROPERTY OPERATIONS
- MANAGEMENT FLORIDA & RESORTS TOUR
* Certification Courses
** courses are subject to change
All of our A.S. in Hotel Management students participate in a week-long, tuition-paid cruise & resort tour of Walt Disney World ®, central Florida resorts, and the Bahamas. Students who go on to complete the bachelor’s degree will have the opportunity to earn enough certifications from The American Hotel and Lodging Educational Foundation to be designated as a Rooms Division Specialist.
Our academic year is divided into three ten-week terms. A total of six terms is required for an associate degree and twelve terms for a bachelor’s degree.
- $6,350 per term (Early Decision)
- $6,550 per term (Full Time)
- $9,825 per term (Part Time)