The Fashion Design and Merchandising program prepares students with the necessary skills to obtain positions in design, apparel manufacturing, product development, buying, event planning, fashion styling, visual merchandising, and many other fashion related fields. Many of the courses can be utilized as transfer courses for those pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design and/or Fashion Merchandising. Students may focus on one of the 4 certificate programs:
- Fashion Design
- Advanced Fashion Design & Apparel Manufacturing
- Fashion Merchandising
- Visual Fashion Merchandising
Students may also achieve an Associate in Science Degree by completing one of the certificate programs and a minimum of 60 units including the general education requirements with an overall GPA of 2.0. A minimum of 12 units must be completed at Saddleback College.
The Fashion Department also offers 6 Occupational Skills Awards. All of these awards can be achieved within one semester. (10-17 units)
- Accessory Design
- Basic Costume Construction & Sourcing
- Event Planner
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Technology
- Sustainable Fashion & Social Entrepreneurship
Certificate Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Produce a professional portfolio showcasing their skills.This portfolio will increase job opportunities in the field as well as promotion for those already employed.
- Successfully complete an industry internship including the completion of three individual goals/objectives as determined by themselves and an industry supervisor. Internships give students work experience desirable in job applicants.
- Create a professional resume showcasing their skills. This will increase job opportunities in the field as well as promotion for those already employed
About the School
Saddleback College has been the first choice for higher education and training in South Orange County since 1968. Our more than 500,000 alumni can attest to the quality of our academic and career trai ... Read More