The Computer Science Associate of Science degree prepares students for transfer into bachelor’s degree programs at four-year colleges and universities in a variety of programs including computer science, information processing, and related fields. Graduates have transferred to such prestigious schools as New Jersey Institute of Technology, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Rutgers University. The program follows the guidelines of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM).
The field study for this degree focuses on an introduction to the theoretical foundations of computing, algorithms and programming techniques as applied to Operating Systems, Information Technology, and Data Structures. Students reinforce this theoretical knowledge base with programming in both high-level programming languages and Assembly Language programming as well as study computer architecture in great detail.
Graduates are able to:
- solve various kinds of problems using high-level languages.
- apply sound programming techniques in designing program structure and logic.
- apply appropriate data structures and algorithms arising in various applied fields.
- assess the ethical implications of work performed.
- explain components of basic computer architecture.
- demonstrate the mathematical analysis of algorithms to measure efficiency.
Duration & Price Tag
Start Date: August 2020
Duration: 2 years, full-time
Price: Request Information
Deadline: Request Information
Request information for all responses
About the School
Raritan Community College is located in the suburban community of Branchburg, New Jersey, an hour’s drive from New York City. RVCC has been ranked as the best community college in New Jersey by BestC ... Read More