The Associate of Science in Business program focuses on educating, training, and developing students’ skills to manage the ever-increasing complexities of business. The program will give a foundation on which to build a successful career in business and provide understanding of implementation of business functions in the local and international environment. This program offers a sequence of courses that provide coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers such as entry-level management trainee positions in the marketing and international business environment.
The Associate of Science (AS) in Business program is offered for those students whose career goals require a broad knowledge related to marketing and international business. All students will take coursework in the areas of finances, accounting, general business management, information technology, computer applications, and business law. In addition, students will choose an area of concentration that will provide the remaining courses in the major. The following describes each area of concentration.
The concentration in Marketing is designed to provide students with a basic marketing background to prepare them for entry-level positions in business.
International Business is an important aspect of the business world today. This concentration equips graduates for employment in entry-level positions with companies engaged in international commerce.
- ASB 1001 English Composition I
- ASB 1002 English Composition II
- ASB 2038 College Algebra
- ASB 2039 Statistics
- ASB 2045 Origin of Western Civilization
- ASB 2006 Principles of Microeconomics
- ASB 2007 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ASB 2009 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ASB 2010 Principles of Accounting
- ASI 1002 Principles of Information Technology
- ASB 1012 Principles of Business
- ASB 2013 Business Law and Ethics
- ASB 2015 Information Management for Business
- AIH 2015 Principles of Organizational Psychology
- ASB 2017 Principles of Project Management
- ASB 2019 Strategic Planning for Business
- ASB 2008 Fundamentals of Human Resources Management
or International Business Concentration
- ASB 2022 International Marketing
- ASB 2023 Branding and Advertising
- ASB 2024 Digital Marketing
- ASB 2025 Principles of International Trade
- ASB 2026 International Business Competitiveness
- BSB 3027 Globalization and Business
Program taught in: