This program meets a substantial portion of the 24-unit Accounting course requirement to take the California CPA exam. It is intended primarily for students possessing a bachelor’s degree or foreign university equivalent. In addition, completion of this certificate is helpful in securing entry-level accounting positions in business and industry such as Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, General Ledger Clerk, or Bookkeeper. CPA EXAM AND LICENSURE: Please contact the California Board of Accountancy.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Prepare a set of basic financial statements.
- Calculate and analyze common ratios and numerical relationships that are produced through the accounting cycle.
- Demonstrate proficiency in processing the accounting cycle for a business.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating financial information in the subject area.
- Present an oral presentation in the designated subject area.
- ACCT 1A FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING 4 Units
- ACCT 1B MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING 4 Units *
- ACCT 203 COST ACCOUNTING 3 Units *
- ACCT 202A INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING I 3 Units *
- ACCT 202B INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING II 3 Units *
- ACCT 216 INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX 4 Units *
- ACCT 217 PARTNERSHIP AND CORPORATE TAXATION 3 Units *
- ACCT 275 AUDITING 3 Units *
- BUS 13 LEGAL ENVIRONMENT AND BUSINESS LAW 3 Units
*Course has a prerequisite, corequisite, limitation, or recommended preparation; see course description.
About the School
Saddleback College has been the first choice for higher education and training in South Orange County since 1968. Our more than 500,000 alumni can attest to the quality of our academic and career trai ... Read More