This program meets a substantial portion of the 24-unit Accounting course requirement to take the California CPA exam. It is intended primarily for students possessing a bachelor’s degree or foreign university equivalent. In addition, completion of this certificate is helpful in securing entry-level accounting positions in business and industry such as Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, General Ledger Clerk, or Bookkeeper. CPA EXAM AND LICENSURE: Please contact the California Board of Accountancy.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Prepare a set of basic financial statements.
- Calculate and analyze common ratios and numerical relationships that are produced through the accounting cycle.
- Demonstrate proficiency in processing the accounting cycle for a business.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating financial information in the subject area.
- Present an oral presentation in the designated subject area.
Total Units for the Major:
- ACCT 1A FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING 4 Units
- ACCT 1B MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING 4 Units *
- ACCT 203 COST ACCOUNTING 3 Units *
- ACCT 202A INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING I 3 Units *
- ACCT 202B INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING II 3 Units *
- ACCT 216 INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX 4 Units *
- ACCT 217 PARTNERSHIP AND CORPORATE TAXATION 3 Units *
- ACCT 275 AUDITING 3 Units *
- BUS 13 LEGAL ENVIRONMENT AND BUSINESS LAW 3 Units
*Course has a prerequisite, corequisite, limitation, or recommended preparation; see course description.