Global warming, deforestation, and water pollution are only a few of the major challenges the environment is affected by each day! If you have a love for the outdoors and a desire to protect the planet, major in Environmental Science at Brookdale!
The Environmental Science A.S. curriculum incorporates sustainability policies and concepts that align with the environmental science programs at many four year institutions. The program is designed for students seeking to transfer to a major in environmental science, ecology, geology, natural resource management, or marine science.
Graduate of this program will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from the sciences and mathematics to environmental problems and solutions;
- Use the skills and modern environmental science techniques and tools necessary for a successful career in the field;
- Design and conduct experiments, and analyze and interpret data;
- Function effectively on multidisciplinary teams;
- Communicate technical information effectively orally, in writing, and through electronic media;
- Understand contemporary environmental science issues and the impact of environmental science in a global and social context;
- Understand professional ethical responsibilities;
- Understand the need, and have the ability, to engage in lifelong learning and to participate in professional organizations.
Projected job growth for the environmental science field is 15% through 2022 spurred by intensified interest in environmental hazards and increased demand for natural resources. Individuals with bachelor’s degrees have employment opportunities in government and private sector industries such as renewable energy, construction, facilities management, environmental protection, energy efficiency, utilities, transportation, and industrial operations.
About the School
Brookdale Community College is public community college in Lincroft, Monmouth County, New Jersey. Open admissions, ESL/international student support, a safe campus environment, and easy transfer to un ... Read More