Brookdale’s Architecture program is designed for students wishing to transfer to Bachelor of Architecture schools at accredited colleges or universities.
The program provides the equivalent number and type of courses generally required in the first two years of study within a five-year curriculum. (Completion of a five-year curriculum is a requirement for licensing as a professional architect.) An architectural education embodies the study of both art and engineering disciplines. The program’s goal is to develop creative and analytical skills in both of these areas.
Architects plan and design houses, factories, office buildings, and other structures. They develop plans, meet with clients, and consult with engineers and other architects. They also visit construction sites to prepare initial drawings and review the progress of projects to ensure that clients’ objectives are met. According to the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are typically three main steps to becoming a licensed architect: completing a professional degree in architecture, gaining relevant experience through a paid internship, and passing the Architect Registration Examination. Earning your Associate degree at Brookdale is your first important step on the path to becoming an architect. From here, you would typically pursue a Bachelor’s degree at a 4-year institution.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Analyze how the history of architecture influences the current design
- Discuss what non-design factors influence building design
- Explain the technical requirements of building and construction
- Demonstrate the ability to organize a building program into building space from functional and aesthetic perspectives
- Develop three-dimensional utilization abilities through abstract design exercises
- Demonstrate architectural presentation techniques in both manual and digital formats
About the School
Brookdale Community College is public community college in Lincroft, Monmouth County, New Jersey. Open admissions, ESL/international student support, a safe campus environment, and easy transfer to un ... Read More