The Associate of Fine Arts in Graphic and Interactive Design prepares students who intend to transfer to Bachelor of Fine Arts programs at four-year institutions and professional schools of art. In this program, students pursue rigorous training and art education in two-dimensional graphics, new media and motion graphic arts. The College has well-equipped studios and computer systems to support this major.
This program focuses on concepts of drawing, design and the use of the computer as a graphic art tool. It is intended for students who wish to pursue careers as graphic designers, commercial artists, and computer artists.
Graduates have transferred to such prestigious schools as Pratt Institute, the School of Visual Arts and the Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University.
Graduates are able to:
- demonstrate concept development and visual planning strategies toward creative solutions to design problems.
- apply industry-standard tools such as software and hardware to solve design problems.
- identify major design movements and influences from historical, cultural and social perspectives.
- demonstrate the application of analysis and problem solving to achieve design solutions.
- demonstrate technical and artistic development throughout a design portfolio of stylistically diverse projects.
Duration & Price Tag
Start Date: August 2020
Duration: 2 years, full-time
Price: Request Information
Deadline: Request Information
Request information for all responses
About the School
Raritan Community College is located in the suburban community of Branchburg, New Jersey, an hour’s drive from New York City. RVCC has been ranked as the best community college in New Jersey by BestC ... Read More