The philosophy of the Department of Psychology is consistent with the college mission of welcoming and supporting all students in achieving their personal, educational, and career goals in an environment of academic excellence. The department is dedicated to promoting a science-based understanding of human behavior, and fostering positive, proactive choices and actions that increase students' options for both personal and academic success.
The Associate in Arts in Psychology for Transfer introduces students to the psychological principles and methodologies used in the scientific study of mental processes and behaviors. Students will acquire the foundational knowledge necessary to pursue post-secondary degrees in psychology and a variety of specialization in the field. The goals of this degree are to prepare students to identify research and statistical methods appropriate to psychology, to compare and contrast the major theoretical perspectives in psychology, and to synthesize the relationships between biological and behavioral functions.
To earn an associate degree for transfer, a student must complete 60-semester units that are eligible for transfer to CSU that consist of IGETC pattern or CSU GE breadth and a major of at least 18 units. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework to receive an associate degree for transfer and all courses in the major must be completed with a C or better. Students earning an associate degree for transfer will not be required to complete any other local graduation requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Matriculate to a Bachelor’s program in psychology or a related discipline.
- Describe research and statistical methods appropriate to psychology.
- Compare and contrast major theoretical perspectives in psychology.
- Synthesize relationships between biological and behavioral functions
Career Services provides employment assistance and opportunities for Mt. SAC students and alumni. To accomplish this, we partner directly with local employers and help them find qualified candidates. We also offer a variety of services to assist Mt. SAC students and alumni including but not limited to;
- Check out internet resources to research potential careers, labor market information and more!
- Explore our career resources library and computer lab.
Acquire employment skills:
- Attend workshops on writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing skills, mock interviews, career-specific topics and more.
- Get a one-on-one resume, cover letter, interviewing and general job search assistance with one of our career specialists.
- Participate in the Disney College Program.
- Find internships.
And get a job!
- Search hundreds of job postings updated daily via Mountie CareerSource.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with employers.
- Attend our career fairs.
Any person who is 18 years old and not currently enrolled in High School or any person possessing a high school diploma or its equivalent is eligible for admission to Mt. San Antonio College. Admission to Mt. San Antonio College includes the filing of an application for admission by the student and the filing of transcripts from high school or college(s) the student previously attended. It is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts from the last high school attended and any college(s) attended. Transcripts will be reviewed to determine eligibility for courses at Mt. SAC.
About the School
At Mt. SAC, students can get the full college experience without the full college debt. We give our students the support and excellent education they need to succeed in new careers, gain admission int ... Read More