The program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to acquire basic principles, skills, and information in major areas of study. It prepares students for transfer to a four-year college. Liberal Arts students will develop an understanding of the major cultural traditions.
Liberal Arts Program Outcomes:
- Use critical thinking skills to identify problems, process alternatives, and choose appropriate solutions.
- Use math concepts and reasoning to solve problems in the real world.
- Demonstrate skill in writing and speaking to communicate effectively.
- Understand basic concepts of behavior and interrelationships across human societies and global cultures.
- Understand the major traditional themes and concepts of the Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara cultures.
- Recognize the contributions of the arts and humanities to the world of ideas.
- Explore the physical and social environments using scientific tools and methods.
Professional Required Courses:
- Math/Computer Science/Science
- Economics/Geography/Political Science
- Psychology/Sociology/Social Work
This school offers programs in: