Complete the first two years of an elementary education degree and choose a concentration in Early Childhood or Elementary Education and transfer to a four-year degree program.
What can I do with this degree?
Career options: Elementary school instructional aide.
Academic options: Transfer to a four-year elementary education degree program. Students interested in secondary education, rehabilitation, or special education should pursue the general Associate of Arts degree.
General Education Requirements
This section lists general education requirements that are not fulfilled by core or support courses. A grade of C or better is required for graduation.
Required Core Courses
A grade of C or better is required for graduation.
- Introduction to the Exceptional Learner
Required Support Courses
- Exploring Art and Visual Studies
- Introduction to Western Civilization I
- History of the United States I
- Earth/Space Science or Physical Science
- Mathematics: take all three courses
- Topics in College Mathematics (or any Math course numbered 151 or higher)
- Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I
- Mathematics for Elementary Teachers II
- Civics and Government
- National and State Constitutions
- Elementary Science
- Process of Science for Elementary Educators I
- Process of Science for Elementary Educators II
- Social and Behavioral Science