This program will prepare persons for positions in the accounting/business world, for transfer to a four- year college. It will also prepare students for an administrative or management-related career or for the development and operation of a small business depending on the electives selected by the students.
The Accounting/Business Administration program prepares students for positions in the accounting and business world, or for transfer to a four-year college or university. The curriculum is designed to introduce students to the fundamental of accounting, as need in the advanced, technological business world of today. This includes an understanding of basic concepts, and definitions, as well as learning the characteristics and methods used in modern businesses. The Business Administration curriculum is designed to offer students an introduction to business, economics and business law.
The Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara Nations’ history, language, social, and spiritual culture is incorporated over entirety of course or as specific course subject requires. The individual instructor will actively seek culturally relevant materials to incorporate into the classroom setting.
- The student will be able to describe and illustrate the basic accounting systems for service and merchandising business, and financial statements.
- The student will be able to demonstrate and understand contacts, agencies, employment and negotiable instruments, including individual and group behavior with an organization.
- The student will be able to describe and demonstrate the fundamentals of the management process, focusing on the concepts and techniques basic to the manager, including planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
- The student will learn to create, edit, save and print documents along with advanced word processing features.
- The student will be able to demonstrate an understanding of activities and duties required, including good office communications, using reference materials, proofreading techniques, telephone usage, and mail and work procedures.
- The student will be able to demonstrate how to work and communicate professionally with employees and the general public.
This school offers programs in: