This degree provides students with a foundational musical background, including music theory, history, rudimentary piano competency, performance and techniques/application.
This degree requires meeting the Citrus College General Education and proficiency requirements combined with successful completion (grades of "C" and above) of the major requirements.
A.A. Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Music A.A. Degree will:
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge in music theory.
- Demonstrate a rudimentary piano proficiency.
- Display basic proficiency in a specific instrumental, vocal, or creative techniques or styles.
- Exhibit perspective on historical and stylistic components of music and musical literature.
- Demonstrate competency in performance skills and ability.
About the School
Celebrating over 90 years of service, Citrus College is located in Glendora in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, approximately twenty-five miles northeast of metropolitan Los Angeles.