The Humanities Department at the Dale Mabry Campus offers courses in Art Appreciation, Drawing I, Introduction to Film, Humanities: Prehistoric to Renaissance, Humanities: Renaissance to Present, Honors Humanities, African Humanities, Introduction to Music, Introduction to Philosophy, Honors Introduction to Philosophy, Elementary Logic, Ethics, Introduction to Religion, and Introduction to Theater Arts.
NOTE 1: This list is a guideline. Consult an advisor or counselor for general education and recommended courses/electives for this transfer track, or consult the appropriate advising guide on the HCC website (http://www.hccfl.edu/ssem/advising-guides.aspx).
NOTE 2: †IDS 2891, Connections is required for graduation.
NOTE 3: Students must select at least one course in biological science and one course in physical science. At least one science must be a CORE option.
NOTE 4: The associate in arts degree may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of 60 credit hours. Students are advised to complete the below planned program in order to transfer into a similar program at senior institutions.
- †ENC 1101 English Composition I 3 cr.
- †ANT 2000 Introduction to Anthropology or
†PSY 2012, General Psychology or
†SYG 2000, Introduction to Sociology 3 cr.
- Biological Science CORE General Education 3-4 cr.
- Mathematics CORE General Education 3 cr.
†ENC 1102 English Composition II 3 cr. HUM 1020 Introduction to Humanities 3 cr. Mathematics General Education 3 cr. Physical Science CORE General Education 3 cr.
- *Humanities Electives 9 cr.
- EUH 2000 The Western World: Origins to Early Modern Europe 3 cr.
- †HUM 2210 World Humanities: Prehistory to Early Modern Era or
†HUM 2230, World Humanities: Early Modern to Contemporary 3 cr.
- Behavioral Science/History/Economics General Education 3 cr.
- *Humanities Electives 3cr.
- †SPC 1608 Public Speaking 3 cr.
- *Humanities Electives 9 cr.
*Select 21 credit hours of humanities courses from the following if not previously taken:
- †AML 2010 American Literature to 1885 3 cr.
- †AML 2020 American Literature: 1885 to Present 3 cr.
- †AML 2600 African-American Literature 3 cr.
- †ARH 1000 Understanding Visual Art 3 cr.
- DAN 2100 Introduction to Dance 3 cr.
- ENL 2012 British Literature to 1800 3 cr.
- †ENL 2022 British Literature: 1800 to Present 3 cr.
- HUM 1020 Introduction to Humanities 3 cr.
- †HUM 2210 World Humanities: Prehistory to Early Modern Era 3 cr.
- †HUM 2230 World Humanities: Early Modern to Contemporary 3 cr.
- HUM 2410 Asian Humanities 3 cr.
- HUM 2420 African Humanities 3 cr.
- HUM 2461 Latin-American Humanities 3 cr.
- †LIT 2110 World Literature to1650 3 cr.
- †LIT 2120 World Literature: 1650 to Present 3 cr.
- †MUL 1010 Introduction to Music 3 cr.
- PHI 1100 Elementary Logic 3 cr.
- †PHI 1600 Ethics 3 cr.
- †REL 2300 Introduction to Religion 3 cr.
- THE 1000 Introduction to Theatre Arts 3 cr.
†Courses symbolized above with a dagger (†) are offered online in addition to the traditional delivery method. Online availability may vary by academic term.
About the School
Hillsborough Community College delivers teaching and learning opportunities that empower students to achieve their educational goals and become contributing members of the local community and a global ... Read More