The Humanities Department at the Dale Mabry Campus offers courses in Art Appreciation, Drawing I, Introduction to Film, Humanities: Prehistoric to Renaissance, Humanities: Renaissance to Present, Honors Humanities, African Humanities, Introduction to Music, Introduction to Philosophy, Honors Introduction to Philosophy, Elementary Logic, Ethics, Introduction to Religion, and Introduction to Theater Arts.
NOTE 1: This list is a guideline. Consult an advisor or counselor for general education and recommended courses/electives for this transfer track, or consult the appropriate advising guide on the HCC website (http://www.hccfl.edu/ssem/advising-guides.aspx).
NOTE 2: †IDS 2891, Connections is required for graduation.
NOTE 3: Students must select at least one course in biological science and one course in physical science. At least one science must be a CORE option.
NOTE 4: The associate in arts degree may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of 60 credit hours. Students are advised to complete the below planned program in order to transfer into a similar program at senior institutions.
- †ENC 1101 English Composition I 3 cr.
- †ANT 2000 Introduction to Anthropology or
†PSY 2012, General Psychology or
†SYG 2000, Introduction to Sociology 3 cr.
- Biological Science CORE General Education 3-4 cr.
- Mathematics CORE General Education 3 cr.
†ENC 1102 English Composition II 3 cr. HUM 1020 Introduction to Humanities 3 cr. Mathematics General Education 3 cr. Physical Science CORE General Education 3 cr.
- *Humanities Electives 9 cr.
- EUH 2000 The Western World: Origins to Early Modern Europe 3 cr.
- †HUM 2210 World Humanities: Prehistory to Early Modern Era or
†HUM 2230, World Humanities: Early Modern to Contemporary 3 cr.
- Behavioral Science/History/Economics General Education 3 cr.
- *Humanities Electives 3cr.
- †SPC 1608 Public Speaking 3 cr.
- *Humanities Electives 9 cr.
- †AML 2010 American Literature to 1885 3 cr.
- †AML 2020 American Literature: 1885 to Present 3 cr.
- †AML 2600 African-American Literature 3 cr.
- †ARH 1000 Understanding Visual Art 3 cr.
- DAN 2100 Introduction to Dance 3 cr.
- ENL 2012 British Literature to 1800 3 cr.
- †ENL 2022 British Literature: 1800 to Present 3 cr.
- HUM 1020 Introduction to Humanities 3 cr.
- †HUM 2210 World Humanities: Prehistory to Early Modern Era 3 cr.
- †HUM 2230 World Humanities: Early Modern to Contemporary 3 cr.
- HUM 2410 Asian Humanities 3 cr.
- HUM 2420 African Humanities 3 cr.
- HUM 2461 Latin-American Humanities 3 cr.
- †LIT 2110 World Literature to1650 3 cr.
- †LIT 2120 World Literature: 1650 to Present 3 cr.
- †MUL 1010 Introduction to Music 3 cr.
- PHI 1100 Elementary Logic 3 cr.
- †PHI 1600 Ethics 3 cr.
- †REL 2300 Introduction to Religion 3 cr.
- THE 1000 Introduction to Theatre Arts 3 cr.
About the School
Hillsborough Community College delivers teaching and learning opportunities that empower students to achieve their educational goals and become contributing members of the local community and a global ... Read More