This transfer track is for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in computer and information engineering sciences. Careers are of a technical nature, including planning and developing new computer systems, computer programming, software development, systems analyst and technical writing. NOTE 1: The list is a guideline. Consult an advisor or counselor for general education and recommended courses/electives for this transfer track, or consult the appropriate advising guide on the HCC website (http://www.hccfl.edu/ssem/advising-guides.aspx). NOTE 2: †IDS 2891, Connections is required for graduation. NOTE 3: Prerequisites are required for the course(s) marked below with an asterisk (*). See your advisor to register for the appropriate prerequisites. NOTE 4: Common Course Prerequisites recommended by the State for successful transfer to the university, are marked with an asterisk (**). NOTE 5: The associate in arts degree may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of 60 credit hours. Students are advised to complete the below-planned track in order to transfer into a similar program at senior institutions. YEAR I First Semester
- †ENC 1101 English Composition I 3 cr.
- *MAC 1147 Pre-Calculus and Trigonometry 5 cr.
- Biological Science General Education 3-4 cr.
- **CHM 2045 General Chemistry I 3 cr.
- **CHM 2045L General Chemistry I Laboratory 1 cr.
- †ENC 1102 English Composition II 3 cr.
- **†MAC 2311 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I 5 cr.
- †ANT 2000 Introduction to Anthropology or
†PSY 2012, General Psychology or
†SYG 2000, Introduction to Sociology 3 cr.
- †ARH 1000 Understanding Visual Art or
HUM 1020, Introduction to Humanities or
LIT 2000, Introduction to Literature or
†MUL 1010, Introduction to Music or
†PHI 1010, Introduction to Philosophy or
THE 1000, Introduction to Theatre Arts 3 cr.
- History General Education 3 cr.
YEAR II First Semester
- **†MAC 2312 Calculus and Analytic Geometry II 5 cr.
- **PHY 2048 Physics w/Calculus I 4 cr.
- **PHY 2048L Physics w/Calculus Laboratory I 1 cr.
- Behavioral Science/History/Economics General Education 3 cr.
- **MAC 2313 Calculus and Analytic Geometry III 5 cr.
- **MAP 2302 Differential Equations 3 cr.
- *PHY 2049 Physics w/Calculus II 4 cr.
- *PHY 2049L Physics w/Calculus II Laboratory 1 cr.
- †SPC 1608 Public Speaking 3 cr.
- Humanities General Education 3 cr.
†Courses symbolized above with a dagger (†) are offered online in addition to the traditional delivery method. Online availability may vary by academic term.
About the School
Hillsborough Community College delivers teaching and learning opportunities that empower students to achieve their educational goals and become contributing members of the local community and a global ... Read More