This transfer track is for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in computer and information sciences and work in business or related fields.
Careers include finance analysts, actuaries, statisticians, economists, and positions in designing, testing and implementing computer programs in various segments of business and industry, management, operations and business planning. NOTE 1: The list is a guideline. Consult an advisor or counselor for general education and recommended courses/electives for this transfer track, or consult the appropriate advising guide on the HCC website(http://www.hccfl.edu/ssem/advising-guides.aspx). NOTE 2: †IDS 2891, Connections is required for graduation. NOTE 3: Common Course Prerequisites recommended by the State for transfer to the university are marked with an asterisk (*). NOTE 4: The associate in arts degree may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of 60 credit hours. Students are advised to complete the below planned program in order to transfer into a similar program at senior institutions. YEAR I First Semester
- †CGS 1000 Introduction to Computers and Technology 3 cr.
- †ENC 1101 English Composition I 3 cr.
- †MAC 1105 College Algebra 3 cr.
- Biological Science CORE General Education 3-4 cr.
- †ARH 1000 Understanding Visual Art or
HUM 1020, Introduction to Humanities or
LIT 2000, Introduction to Literature or
†MUL 1010, Introduction to Music or
†PHI 1010, Introduction to Philosophy or
THE 1000, Introduction to Theatre Arts 3 cr.
- †ENC 1102 English Composition II 3 cr.
- †SPC 1608 Public Speaking 3 cr.
- History General Education 3 cr.
- *†MAC 2311 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I 5 cr.
- PHY 1025 Fundamentals of Physics 3 cr.
- PHY 1025L Fundamentals of Physics Laboratory 1 cr.
- Behavioral Science/History/Economics General Education 3 cr.
YEAR II First Semester
- *†MAC 2312 Calculus and Analytic Geometry II 5 cr.
- *PHY 2048 Physics w/Calculus I 4 cr.
- *PHY 2048L Physics w/Calculus Laboratory I 1 cr.
- Humanities General Education 3 cr.
- †ANT 2000 Introduction to Anthropology or
†PSY 2012, General Psychology or
†SYG 2000, Introduction to Sociology 3 cr.
- *COP 1000 Programming Logic 3 cr.
- *PHY 2049 Physics w/Calculus II 4 cr.
- *PHY 2049L Physics w/Calculus II Laboratory 1 cr.
†Courses symbolized above with a dagger (†) are offered online in addition to the traditional delivery method. Online availability may vary by academic term.
About the School
Hillsborough Community College delivers teaching and learning opportunities that empower students to achieve their educational goals and become contributing members of the local community and a global ... Read More