This transfer track is for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in business, specializing in such fields as accounting, economics, finance, insurance, marketing, and management.
Careers include various management positions in nearly every business and industry, such as sales, accountant, labor negotiator and business owner. NOTE 1: The list is a guideline. Consult an advisor or counselor for general education and recommended courses/electives for this transfer track, or consult the appropriate advising guide on the HCC website (http://www.hccfl.edu/ssem/advising-guides.aspx). NOTE 2: †IDS 2891, Connections is required for graduation. NOTE 3: Common Course Prerequisites recommended by the State for transfer to the university are marked with an asterisk (*). NOTE 4: The associate in arts degree may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of 60 credit hours. Students are advised to complete the below-planned program to transfer into a similar program at senior institutions. YEAR I First Semester
- *†CGS 1000 Introduction to Computers and Technology 3 cr.
- †ENC 1101 English Composition I 3 cr.
- †MAC 1105 College Algebra 3 cr.
- History General Education 3 cr.
- †ANT 2000 Introduction to Anthropology or
†PSY 2012, General Psychology or
†SYG 2000, Introduction to Sociology 3 cr.
- †ARH 1000 Understanding Visual Art or
HUM 1020, Introduction to Humanities or
LIT 2000, Introduction to Literature or
†MUL 1010, Introduction to Music or
†PHI 1010, Introduction to Philosophy or
THE 1000, Introduction to Theatre Arts 3 cr.
- †ENC 1102 English Composition II 3 cr.
- *†MAC 2233 Calculus for Business and Social Science 4 cr.
- †SPC 1608 Public Speaking 3 cr.
- Behavioral Science/History/Economics General Education 3 cr.
- Biological Science COREGeneral Education 3-4 cr.
- Business Related Elective 3 cr.
YEAR II First Semester
- *†ACG 2021 Introduction to Financial Accounting 3 cr.
- *†ECO 2013 Principles of Macroeconomics 3 cr.
- *†STA 2023 Elementary Statistics 3 cr.
- Humanities General Education 3 cr.
- *†ACG 2071 Managerial Accounting 3 cr.
- *†ECO 2023 Principles of Microeconomics 3 cr.
- †PHI 1600 Ethics 3 cr.
- Physical Science CORE General Education 3-4 cr.
†Courses symbolized above with a dagger (†) are offered online in addition to the traditional delivery method. Online availability may vary by academic term.