The AA.BCN degree is focused on the study of Building Construction Management. This is a highly specialized field of study devoted to planning, scheduling and supervision of a wide range of building construction projects. Construction mangers follow the design drawings and specifications and are responsible for the accurate and timely completion of the project. Software for the scheduling of the scope of work is used in addition to CADD software.
A sample course sequence is listed below. All Associate of Arts Programs are designed for students who plan on attending an upper division College or University and to obtain a Bachelors degree.
Transfer requirements vary between Colleges.
The recommended sequence of courses is listed below. The scheduling of classes allows a new student to enroll in either the Fall or Spring term and to complete their AA level degree within two years.
- **BCN 1210 Construction Materials & Processes - 3 Cr
- ENC 1101 English Composition I - 3 Cr
- **MAC 2233 Calculus for Business & Social Sciences - 4 Cr
- **SPC 1608 Public Speaking - 3 Cr
- **BCN 1250 Introduction to Graphic Technology - 3 Cr
- ENC 1102 English Composition II - 3 Cr
- **GLY 2010 Physical Geology - 3 Cr
- **GLY 2010L Physical Geology Lab - 1 Cr
- ANT 2000, Introduction to Anthropology or
- PSY 2012, General Psychology or
- SYG 2000, Introduction to Sociology - 3 Cr
- ARH 1000 Understanding Visual Art or
- HUM 1020, Introduction To Humanities or
- MUL 1010, Introduction to Music or
- PHI 1010, Introduction to Philosophy or
- THE 1000, Introduction to Theatre Arts - 3 Cr
- Biological Science General Education - 3 - 4 Cr
- First Semester
- *ARC 2501 Architectural Structures I - 4 Cr
- **ECO 2023 Principles of Microeconomics - 3 Cr
- ENC 2010 Technical Writing - 3 Cr
- *PHY 2053 General Physics I - 3 Cr
- **PHY 2053L Fundamentals of Physics Lab - 1 Cr
- **BUL 2241 Business Law I - 3 Cr
- History General Education - 3 Cr
- Humanities General Education - 3 Cr
- **ACG 2021 Financial Accounting - 3 Cr
- Behavioral Science/History/Economics General Education - 3 Cr
Total: 65 Credit Hrs
*May require additional coursework.
**Common Course Prerequisites recommended by the State for successful transfer to the University.
Prospective transfer students should also visit the FACTS 2+2 Degree Audit to help them decide which courses to take before transfer to an upper division College.
Florida community college students may use this tool to match their academic record to various transfer disciplines' requirements.
About the School
Hillsborough Community College delivers teaching and learning opportunities that empower students to achieve their educational goals and become contributing members of the local community and a global ... Read More