Our program provides students with in-depth skills and knowledge in a broad range of IT disciplines, including programming, database development, PC repair, networking, operating systems, security, web development, and system analysis and design. After successfully completing our program, students will have excellent baseline skills and knowledge in all of the major IT specializations, the ability to work well both independently and with a team, and the skills needed to go directly into the workforce or transfer to a 4-year university.
The Computer Information Systems program offers dedicated, caring, and knowledgeable faculty, small class sizes, and a curriculum that is designed with industry partner input to provide hands-on experience with the latest technologies. Our courses include laboratory work in current industry technology and software, such as PHP, MySQL, Oracle, .NET, Java and Mobile Application Development. HFC is also a member of Microsoft’s MSDN Academic Alliance Program, which allows us to provide students with free access to professional developmental software and tools. And if students are looking to transfer to a 4-year university program, we have transfer agreements to 4-year colleges/universities, including some 3+1 agreements that help make your transition between institutions seamless.
Our program also offers students the opportunity to practice interview skills and meet with industry partners and potential employers at our many networking and job fair events, as well as also meet like-minded people who have a passion for working with technology by joining our HFC Programming Club.
Prepares graduates for an entry-level position as a Full Stack Web Developer, Web Administrator, Web Programmer or Multimedia Developer. The Web Development Associate Degree distinguishes itself with extensive hands-on laboratory experience using the latest technology and software. Industry-experienced, full-time faculty provide the highest quality instruction on the latest web development environments and frameworks, graphics and design techniques, client and server-side coding and scripting, back-end technologies, database, multimedia tools, and project management principles.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Explain the client-server model of web development and develop client and server-side web pages.
- Develop and publish a website utilizing web authoring and content management software.
- Use a client-side web framework to create web pages.
- Use a server-side web framework (web application framework) to create web pages.
- Interface with the Unix/Linux operating system, including the vi editor, file management, and shell scripting.
- Design and create a database-backed website in PHP and MySQL.
- Configure a web server with dynamic content and database connectivity.
- Analyze, design, and implement an information system.
- Create and deliver a professional team presentation.
Prepare graduates for an entry-level position as a Full Stack Web Developer, Web Administrator, or Web Programmer.