The Information Technology program is a career-laddered, competency-based program that provides training in the use and support of business-related computer systems, data communication networks (including local area networks), and the development of business computer information systems programs using procedural, event-driven and object-oriented programming techniques.
The program includes a combination of business, computer, and information technology courses. Campus-based computer and networking projects, faculty-supervised laboratories, and workplace internships provide hands-on experience designed to prepare students for positions in computer support, programming, network administration, or systems development in a business information technology system. The program focuses on computers and information technology as tools to solve business problems.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Information Systems - Plan, develop, and implement the hardware, software, and procedural components of a data processing system in a business environment.
- Networking - Plan, develop, and implement the hardware, software, and procedural components of a data communications system in a business environment.
- Programming - Plan, develop, implement, and document computer programs that meet the data processing requirements of a business organization.
- Productivity - Work independently and cooperatively to deliver reports, programs, projects, and other deliverables that document a business organization’s information technology requirements.
- Legal/Ethical/Professional - Base decisions and actions on the legal, ethical, and professional guidelines and practices of the information technology field.
- Explore - Demonstrate the ability to search, analyze, and synthesize current information and solutions in the rapidly changing information technology profession.
About the School
Aloha, and welcome to Hawai'i Community College. Hawai'i CC is a two-year community college on Hawai'i Island. The college is based in Hilo with a new branch campus in Kona named Hawai'i Community Col ... Read More