The Computer Science program is a two-year preparatory curriculum for students who plan to continue their education at a four-year institution and complete their major in the computer science field. This curriculum is fully compliant with Pennsylvania Statewide Program-to-Program Articulation Agreement (TAOC) as stated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
This Agreement assures that the Computer Science student can transfer their full degree into a baccalaureate program at a participating Pennsylvania affiliated institution, transferring with full junior class standing.
Students enrolled in this degree are strongly encouraged to choose their transfer school as soon as possible, then consult that institution, their Faculty Advisor and the DCCC Transfer Office to ensure that their course of study will be consistent with the requirements of their transfer institution.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Implement algorithms and data structures using fundamental programming skills;
- Identify and use current industry standards in the field of computer science; Apply analytical skills to assess how to solve problems;
- Apply the process of software development including design, implementation, documentation, and testing;
- Describe the professional, cultural, legal, and ethical issues related to computer science;
- Identify career paths available in computer science and determine professional education and training standards.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May
About the School
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) is an accredited, public two-year college located in Media, Pennsylvania. The College serves 12,500 students, including more than 200 international students fr ... Read More