The Business Administration program provides students with the necessary courses to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a baccalaureate degree in business. This curriculum is fully compliant with Pennsylvania Statewide Program-to-Program Articulation Agreement (TAOC) as stated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
This Agreement assures that the Business Administration student can transfer their full degree into a baccalaureate program at a participating Pennsylvania affiliated institution, transferring with full Junior class standing. (This includes all PASSHE institutions.)
Transfer Students in this program may emphasize accounting, marketing or sport management.
Students enrolled in Business Administration are strongly recommended to choose their transfer school as soon as a possible, then consult that institution, their Division Faculty advisor or the DCCC Transfer Office to ensure that their course of study will be consistent with the requirements of their transfer institution. The Associate in Science degree is awarded at the completion of the program.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of critical business and accounting concepts and the functions of business;
- Analyze business challenges using critical thinking and quantitative methods;
- Utilize technology to research and explore business concepts as well as produce functional work product;
- Examine various cultural, political, economic, competitive and technological influences and their impact on the global business environment;
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills;
- Examine the principles of leadership, human behavior, collaboration, ethics and social responsibility.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May