PTI now offers an Electronics Engineering Technology degree with an oil and gas electronics concentration that is designed to prepare students for careers in this region's energy industry.
As oil and gas companies solidify their footprint in Western Pennsylvania, there is a need for electronics professionals at compressor stations, at energy facilities, and on pipeline projects who have the electronics, instrumentation and automation skills to monitor the extraction, storage and transmittal of this natural resource.
- With this focused, oil and gas electronics degree, PTI graduates are prepared to meet the demand for midstream industrial and commercial automation technicians created by the growth surrounding the exploration and development of Marcellus Shale and, in the future, Utica Shale.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of level, temperature, pressure, and flow control and comprehensive technical skills universally critical to natural gas and oil companies based in the tri-state region.
- Theoretical coursework presented by experienced automation professionals who understand the natural gas and oil industry sets the stage for extensive 'hands-on' experience with state-of-the-industry equipment.
- Students interested in this program will enjoy the technical and hands on aspects of the natural gas and oil industry, a fast-paced, ever-changing career field, and working outdoors. Courses include instruction in installing, servicing, and maintaining automation systems.
- You will learn how to set up, calibrate, and troubleshoot instrumentation and controllers. The program includes the option of a capstone project or an internship in the field.
This school offers programs in: