Associate in Communication Studies
Please check out our e-brochure!
Olympic College is a two-year public college in Washington State that offers more than 70 different degrees and certificates in academic transfer and professional-technical programs. The campus in Bremerton is located on a 33-acre site framed by views of the Olympic Mountains, Mt. Rainier, saltwater inlets, and the Cascade Mountains.
The Communication Studies program at Olympic College is the study of various forms of human communication in culturally diverse contexts. The program focuses on the basic skills and critical thought needed to transfer to four-year programs. Studies in communication and culture help us focus on how people negotiate their identities and voices in relationships and society. Courses also expose students to cutting-edge theory and technology in preparation for careers in the fast-growing communications fields. The program provides a firm foundation for students seeking a transfer degree to apply toward studies in communication or other social science and humanities fields. The department provides a foundation for understanding how rhetoric, persuasion, and messages shape the world around us. Ultimately, studies in communication help students succeed in an increasingly multicultural, mediated and ever-changing world.
There are six tracks available for study in the Communication Studies program at Olympic College. These tracks are designed to aid in the direct transfer of A.A. credit from Olympic College to three types of Communications programs in the Washington State four-year University system. Selected Communication Studies students also have the opportunity during their time at Olympic College to earn course and valuable professional experience through internships, both locally and nationally. These tracks are:
- Public Relations
- Rhetoric and Culture
- Popular Culture and Media Studies
- Relational and Organizational Communication
- Public Advocacy
Students wanting to transfer should work closely with an advisor at the baccalaureate institution they plan to transfer to before finalizing their education plan
Why Choose Olympic College?
- Personal attention and small classes
- Affordable tuition and homestay
- Residential hall available on campus
- Conveniently located close to Seattle
- TOEFL not required
- Intensive English Program
- Free conversation partners
- International Student Club
- On-campus employment
- 4-and 6-week summer sessions of Intensive English
- Guaranteed university transfer admission to designated 4-year universities
- Small international student population provides opportunities to speak English
- Opportunities to get involved in campus life and make lifelong friends
Tuition & Typical Costs : Non-resident