Covers the planning, organizing, leading, and controlling of all materials, resources, and information involved in the sourcing, processing, and distributing of products that add value to the wholesale or retail consumer. Focuses on global coordination and collaboration with partners, suppliers, intermediaries, and third-party logistics providers to meet or exceed the ever-changing needs of the customer.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Define supply chain management (SCM) and demonstrate knowledge in order to think critically and be able to evaluate and design SCM strategies necessary to support the firm’s global strategic decisions.
- Assess purchasing strategies and procedures, selection of suppliers, outsourcing, and negotiation strategies, price and cost analysis.
- Evaluate the managerial dimensions of operations management which include the design, supply, production, and delivery of goods and services to customers.
- Summarize the five modes of transportation comparing their operating and service characteristics, cost structure, and current challenges.
- Develop the knowledge necessary to become a 21st-century front line worker in supply chain management and logistics.
- Pass two nationally recognized certifications issued by the Manufactures Skill Standards Council (MSSC) - the Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) and Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) certifications.
- Customer Service Manager
- International Logistics Manager
- Inventory Control Manager
- Logistics Engineer
- Logistics Manager
- Logistics Services Salesperson
- Logistics Software Manager
- Materials Manager
- Production Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Supply Chain Consultant
- Supply Chain Manager
- Systems Support Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Vendor Managed Inventory Coordinator
- Warehouse Operations Manager
Varies by a career in SCM. Operations, transportation, and warehouse management may have slightly greater physical risk than will purchasing, systems support, or a supply chain manager.