Tailor Your Degree
Our associate degree in Business Administration allows you to tailor your degree and your schedule to meet your specific career goals. You will have the ability to focus your efforts effectively through a concentration in Nonprofit Management, Office Management, Medical Office Management, and Property Management and Acquisition. You can build your own schedule that works best for you. Take classes on-campus, online, or in a hybrid format. For greater flexibility, you can take accelerated 7 ½-week classes or standard 15-week classes to finish your degree at your own pace. Through your coursework, you will become proficient in business law and ethics, corporate social responsibility, business planning and development, effective leadership, and the fundamentals of accounting, budgeting, and marketing principles, all essential skills businesses are looking for. You will also become skilled in learning how to analyze and solve problems faced by managers in corporations, small businesses, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. You will gain the knowledge needed to be successful through the exploration of business communication, economic theory, and effective forecasting. You will have the opportunity to build a business plan relevant to your career aspirations that integrates the skills and knowledge you’ve learned in your courses. You will benefit from hands-on internship experience in a real business environment. Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared for excellent career opportunities in the field or for transition into your bachelor’s degree program.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the conceptual and practical importance of the functional areas of business.
- Construct a business practice informed by ethics and social responsibility.
- Assess a variety of management practices and develop leadership and teamwork skills in an increasingly multicultural corporate environment.
- Research, evaluate, and interpret financial and economic information to make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrate an effective utilization of technology within the functional areas of business.
- Understand how to motivate co-workers and other corporate stakeholders effectively.
- Entrepreneurship Option
- Human Resource Option
- Manufacturing Management Option
- Office Management Option
Each student builds a business plan relevant to their career aspirations that integrates the skills and knowledge learned in the various courses. The final culmination of the program is a 180-hour internship capstone, undertaken at the end of the student's program where classroom experiences will be applied in a real business environment. Wherever possible, the specific business chosen for the internship will reflect the student's desired career goal.
Flexible Business Administration Degree
You deserve a college that offers classes on your schedule. At Goodwin, you’ll find class times that fit into your schedule and cater to your needs. Unlike many other colleges, at Goodwin, we’re all about convenience.
- Business Administration classes are offered days, evenings, and weekends.
- Business Administration classes are available on-campus, online, and in a hybrid format.
- Take accelerated 7 1/2-week classes or standard 15-week classes.
- The College has 6 class starts annually — so you can apply at any time and the classes you need are available when you need them.
Please note: each course and semester may vary and is subject to change at any time. Please contact us for more information about the flexibility of this program.