The Education curriculum was developed to meet the needs of current and prospective students interested in transferring to a four-year institution for the purpose of receiving a PA Public School Teacher's Certification.
This degree is designed to transfer to middle grades, secondary education, special education, or other four year certification degree programs. Among colleges and universities there are variances within the first two years at some schools contingent upon the area of PA Public School Certification pursued. Additionally, each of these areas of certification involves different course selections.
All of these conditions necessitate working closely with a transfer counselor in the Career and Counseling Center to ensure a seamless transfer process to a four-year institution.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Promote child development and learning;
- Develop strategies for building family and community relationships;
- Observe, document and assess to support young children and families;
- Use developmentally effective approaches for teaching and learning;
- Use content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum;
- Act as an early childhood education professional.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May