Lake Tahoe Community College
The Psychology program at Lake Tahoe Community College provides students with general background knowledge in the field of psychology. In addition, students will gain a broader understanding of human behavior from various theoretical perspectives.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate familiarity with major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends.
- Explain different research methods used by psychologists and demonstrate knowledge of when to apply these methods and their strengths and limitations.
- Apply psychological principles to the analysis of personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Demonstrate awareness of the complexity of sociocultural diversity and its impact on psychological processes
To obtain the Associate in Arts in Psychology for a Transfer degree, students must complete the following requirements:
- Completion of 60-semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18-semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
See 5 more programs offered by Lake Tahoe Community College »
Last updated June 13, 2019
This course is
- approximate cost of an associate degree at LTCC