The Communication Arts major at Delaware County Community College blends the theoretical with the practical by providing students with a foundation in the study of human communication that prepares them to continue academic study in the field.
The Communication Studies option is designed for students who wish to continue academic study in human communication including, but not limited to, interpersonal, intercultural, public speaking, and media studies.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Apply basic theories and principles of human communication;
- Construct messages that demonstrate use of critical thinking and organization skills;
- Identify, evaluate, and apply ethical principles as a communicator;
- Demonstrate and adapt appropriate forms of verbal, nonverbal, and mediated expression.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May