An Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree from TCC is your gateway to a bachelor's degree or higher and guarantees your admission into one of Florida's four-year public universities.
- Arts, Humanities, Communications, and Design
- Health Sciences
- Industry, Manufacturing, and Construction
- Public Safety
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Social and Behavioral Science or Human Services
Program Overview & Requirements
The Associate in Arts degree (A.A.) is designed for students who plan to transfer to a Florida public four-year institution as a junior to complete a bachelor’s degree program. The A.A. degree provides the courses of study equivalent to those offered in the freshman and sophomore years at Florida’s state colleges and universities. The A.A. degree requirements consist of 36 credit hours of general education and 24 credit hours of electives. Each student should choose elective courses that are required for admission to the student’s intended program of study/major at the desired college or university.
Transfer to Four-year Colleges and Universities
- Articulation with Florida’s Public Colleges and Universities
- General Transfer Information
- Common Prerequisites
- Limited-access Majors
- Articulation with Other Colleges and Universities
- TCC’s University Partners
Note: For information about lower-division requirements for transfer into specific undergraduate programs at Florida A & M University, Florida State University or the University of West Florida, select one of the links below:
- Florida A & M University Degree Programs
- Florida State University Undergraduate Academic Program Guide (and Community College Counseling Manual)
- University of West Florida Undergraduate Catalog
Tallahassee Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Click here for more information.
See 1 more programs offered by Tallahassee Community College »
This course is