The Benefits of Earning an A.A. Degree at Salzburg College
- Condensed, international program
- Unique interdisciplinary approach
- U.S. degree earned on site in Salzburg
- U.S. & European faculty
- Small classes
- Well prepared for transfer into any U.S. Bachelor Program
- German Language Instruction and Cultural Program (for Non-EU participants)
- Eligibility to work (part-time) legally in Austria during your studies
- Affordable tuition
- Language of instruction: English
At Salzburg College the Associate in Arts program is a 16-month course of study that covers the core materials needed to complete the first two years of a four-year bachelor's degree. An A.A. degree is the credential earned when a student has successfully completed a two-year course of study.
The A.A. program for each field of study parallels Florida State’s university system curriculum. The credits students earn at Salzburg College can be transferred to a four-year college or university of choice in the U.S.A. After earning an A.A. degree at Salzburg College, students are guaranteed acceptance into one of Florida's 11 state universities.
The following fields of study are currently available at Salzburg College:
- International Studies
Requirements for the A.A. Program
- Satisfactorily complete 36 U.S. credit hours of General Education requirements.
- Successfully earn 24 U.S. credit hours as Academic Electives in a chosen field of study. Required prerequisites for a given major may count as elective credit.
- Complete a minimum of 60 US credit hours with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
- Complete at least 50 percent of the total degree requirements at Salzburg College.
- Complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or higher.
ESL Programs are also offered to prepare students who do not meet the language criteria.
- Program Start and Duration: Fall, Spring or Summer Semester, 4 Semesters (16 months)
- Class Hours: Monday-Thursday (Monday-Friday during Summer Semester) Excursions on select weekends
- SAT Score: Required of all international applicants including graduates from a U.S. high school. Not applicable for EU applicants.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL Computer: 220; TOEFL IBT: 80; TOEFL paper-based: 550; IELTS: 6).
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) evaluated by a recognized U.S. Credential Services Agency (e.g. WES) for any degree/diploma completed outside of the U.S., Canada, or the EU.
- Minimum GPA (grade point average) of 2.5 (on U.S. grading scale).
Degree Awarded by Seminole State College (Florida, U.S.A.)
- Fall Semester: June 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer Semester: March 1