This program prepares students for employment with electrical appliance shops, utility companies, and electrical construction, and maintenance companies. Learning will centre on planning, designing, constructing, installing, and maintaining electrical wiring and equipment.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Accurately demonstrate entry-level skills in residential, commercial, and industrial electrical installation and maintenance.
- Practice safety on the job and recognize potential hazards.
- Interpret and comply with the National Electrical Code NFPA 70 book and local codes.
- Read and interpret all sections of blueprints and draft electrical circuits.
- Integrate carpentry, masonry, plumbing, and HVACR systems with electrical installation and maintenance.
- Produce take-off lists, perform layout, and install new materials for existing and new projects.
- Think critically, do research, calculate minimum requirements, and solve problems.
- Demonstrate the qualities of an apprentice electrician: positive attitude and behaviour, discipline, promptness and attendance, ability to work alone or with others, with cultural awareness, and good communication skills.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018