This program is designed to provide for entry‑level employment in hotels, full‑service restaurants, fast food restaurants, institutions (schools, hospitals, corrections, etc.) and private clubs. Accredited by the American Culinary Federation since July 2005.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Apply appropriate ethics for purchasing and receiving in the culinary industry.
- Demonstrate proper work attitudes and work habits.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of culinary departmental functions and their relationship.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the culinary industry business operations.
- Demonstrate entry-level proficiency in technical skills required in the culinary industry according to the American Culinary Federation.
- Choose an appropriate career path based on industry knowledge or requirements.
- Apply appropriate etiquette, appearance, and hygiene as required by industry standards.
- Demonstrate skills necessary for acquiring a job in the culinary field.
- Integrate their knowledge of Hawai‘i’s culture and food into cuisine.
- Apply nutritional concerns to the creation of menus
About the School
Aloha, and welcome to Hawai'i Community College. Hawai'i CC is a two-year community college on Hawai'i Island. The college is based in Hilo with a new branch campus in Kona named Hawai'i Community Col ... Read More