The Business Technology program prepares students for employment in positions such as administrative assistants, receptionists, clerks, or secretaries. Students will learn critical office skills, along with communication and organizational proficiencies. The curriculum includes courses in office technology, business communication, office administration, accounting, and business math to enhance employment and promotion possibilities.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Work as a responsible member of a team to meet an organization's objectives.
- Demonstrate professionalism in work quality, appearance, attitude, and workplace behaviour as required in a diverse business environment.
- Use current and emerging technologies effectively to create and manage documents and handle multiple priorities.
- Communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written interactions, complying with standard office etiquette.
- Use research, critical thinking, and decision-making skills to make informed choices and solve problems for personal and work-related situations
- Apply appropriate strategies to secure employment, retain a job, and advance in a career.
- Analyze, synthesize, and evaluate real-world problems in quantitative terms.
About the School
Aloha, and welcome to Hawai'i Community College. Hawai'i CC is a two-year community college on Hawai'i Island. The college is based in Hilo with a new branch campus in Kona named Hawai'i Community Col ... Read More