This program prepares students for employment with architectural firms, contractors, engineers, surveyors, or government agencies. Job responsibilities range from making accurate working drawings of buildings to assisting a surveying crew.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Using computational and reasoning skills, demonstrate entry-level skills for accuracy in drawings and identifies the relationship of features to demonstrate visualization proficiency.
- Formulate, design, revise and construct projects utilizing knowledge of proper construction materials and resources based on design criteria, and be able to defend, explain, and discuss.
- Design and generate Architectural and Engineering documents using two-dimensional and three-dimensional CAD programs.
- Demonstrate operational competence in using surveying hand tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate communication, critical thinking, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Illustrate within the design process an understanding of the balance between cultures, community, and the environment.
About the School
Aloha, and welcome to Hawai'i Community College. Hawai'i CC is a two-year community college on Hawai'i Island. The college is based in Hilo with a new branch campus in Kona named Hawai'i Community Col ... Read More