This program prepares students for employment in government service, agribusiness, horticulture, livestock, flowers and foliage, landscape, macadamia nuts, papaya, and coffee industries.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Plan and manage projects and cultivate horticultural crops using legal; sustainable; safe; and ecologically, biologically, and technologically sound practices.
- Design gardens that demonstrate the aesthetic principles of unity, repetition, balance, colour, and texture congruent with the customers’ desires.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment.
- Set-up and manage a business enterprise.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in ways that effectively support the work to be accomplished.
About the School
Aloha, and welcome to Hawai'i Community College. Hawai'i CC is a two-year community college on Hawai'i Island. The college is based in Hilo with a new branch campus in Kona named Hawai'i Community Col ... Read More