The Accounting program prepares students for entry-level positions. Learning centres on the accounting equation and the accounting cycle, recording financial transactions, and preparing financial statements.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Perform basic accounting tasks and business math skills to maintain accurate accounting systems in for-profit organizations.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a manner that reflects organizational culture and sensitivity to a diverse customer and community needs.
- Perform basic office functions using standard and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate, in a work environment, effective self-management through efficient use of time and personal commitments.
- Participate effectively in individual and group decision making.
- Use critical thinking skills to make decisions that reflect legal and ethical standards of the accounting profession.
About the School
Aloha, and welcome to Hawai'i Community College. Hawai'i CC is a two-year community college on Hawai'i Island. The college is based in Hilo with a new branch campus in Kona named Hawai'i Community Col ... Read More