This program offers excellent academic options for students to enter the growing field of accounting through degree and certificate programs. Credits earned for certificates apply to the degree program.
The Associate in Applied Science-T Accounting degree combines technical courses required for job preparation and college-level general education courses. These degrees are designed for the dual purpose of immediate employment and preparation for the junior year in a Washington state bachelor of applied science (BAS) degree program. The AAS-T Accounting degree provides a strong background in accounting, preparing students for a wide range of career options in the accounting field. The degree has the option to earn two national certifications as well as several embedded program certificates, while earning the degree.
Degree recipients should possess the skills and abilities described below:
- Correctly use accounting terminology
- Analyze and record financial transactions and properly report financial information
- Use critical thinking skills to identify and solve problems in accounting
- Analyze and record financial transactions using general ledger computerized software for a small-to medium-sized business
- Perform accounting procedures employed in a typical payroll accounting system
Program taught in:
See 2 more programs offered by Bellevue College »
This course is