The Web Development specialization is designed for students interested in pursuing a career as a web professional. Completion of this program option will provide students with the skills needed for entry-level positions as web designers/developers.
Concepts covered include information design, network administration, database management, interface design, and programming.
Students learn to create websites using current industry standard software and technologies. In addition, students learn how to incorporate media technologies such as sound, video and animation into websites.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Develop a professional website including graphics design, structural analysis, and data gathering;
- Design and create intuitive, usable interfaces for desktop and mobile devices;
- Create websites using current HTML and CSS standards;
- Create responsive web applications that display appropriately on a variety of mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop screens;
- Upload files to a web server and update and maintain websites;
- Incorporate scripting languages into web documents to add control and interactive elements;
- Support current Unix systems.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May
Program taught in: