The Interactive Multimedia specialization prepares students for the design and development of multimedia programs and websites that combine a variety of audiovisual elements including text, graphics, audio, animation and video. The Interactive Multimedia specialization emphasizes the more popular multimedia development tools and programming languages used in industry today.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Utilize essential steps of the multimedia design and development process including but not limited to needs assessment, target audience profile, media selection, storyboarding, materials development, and evaluation;
- Determine the appropriate hardware, software, and equipment specifications for multimedia programs or websites;
- Use industry standard applications to create text, graphics, audio, animation, and/or video for multimedia programs or websites;
- Use scripting, programming and markup languages required for multimedia programs or websites;
- Create multimedia programs or websites that illustrate appropriate use of text, color, sound, video, and/or interactivity;
- Examine requisite skills and careers related to multimedia and web development.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April. More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 27, 2017