The Help Desk/Technical Support specialization provides students with the necessary skills for employment at a help desk or as a technical support person in a computer environment. The program reflects the growing emphasis on assessment of skills and skill levels.
The learning sequence established by this curriculum is designed to prepare students to qualify to take certification examinations including, Net +, Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Service Technician (A+), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Novell Certified Netware Administrator(CNA), and Cisco (CCNA).
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of application software;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of integrated office software;
- Communicate effectively using appropriate computer terminology;
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to support customers and troubleshoot microcomputers;
- Install and troubleshoot microcomputers in a networked environment;
- Maintain the hardware and software in a networked environment;
- Discuss the hardware and software needs found in a modern business environment.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May
Program taught in: