The Game Development specialization is intended to prepare students for a career or further study in game development. Courses emphasize the specific skills necessary for the design, development, marketing and testing of computer games. Industry standard programming languages and development tools are utilized in this specialization.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of web and programming languages relevant to game development;
- Apply the computer video game development process to create games using a variety of current tools and technologies;
- Create computer games using industry standard development tools;
- Utilize industry standard tools to create audio and/or visual elements;
- Develop a game portfolio.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May