The Computer Programming specialization is intended to prepare students for a career or further study in computer programming. A computer programmer works with a computer analyst and computer engineer to analyze, design, develop, test, implement and maintain computer applications to meet the functional objectives of a business.
It is the job of the computer programmer to design and update the software that runs on the computer. A programmer generally works with an analyst to help determine the best way to approach a problem or implement a desired feature for a new version of a software package.
A programmer codes the changes and then tests and debugs the software. The Computer Programming specialization emphasizes the more popular computer programming languages used in business today.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Analyze problems with respect to the requirements of the computer and the required results;
- Plan detailed program logic to solve problems and convert the logic to a well-structured applications program using an industry standard language and providing program documentation;
- Demonstrate the ability to use debugging techniques;
- Use mathematical equations in the creation of a computer program;
- Use documentation or a knowledge base to resolve a technical challenge in an identified computing scenario.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at /?utm_source=Keystone&utm_campaign=Keystone&utm_medium=KeystoneListingwww.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May
About the School
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) is an accredited, public two-year college located in Media, Pennsylvania. The College serves 12,500 students, including more than 200 international students fr ... Read More