The Hotel and Restaurant Management (HRM) program is designed for individuals seeking specialized training and knowledge as preparation for a career in the vast hospitality industry. The successful graduate can enter the industry at a supervisory level and perform management functions and duties to this industry.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Apply federal, state and local laws and regulations specific to this industry;
- Use generally accepted accounting practices in the efficient and cost-effective operation of the enterprise;
- Communicate effectively with employers, employees, customers, vendors and the community using appropriate technology;
- Awareness of terminology, common supervisory skill-sets and the need for life-long career planning for success;
- Use of sales and marketing techniques to enhance acceptance of the product/service the industry provides.
Course requirements are available here.
Proof of High School Graduation
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April. More information can be found at www.dccc.edu/scholarships.
- Fall Semester: Late August;
- Spring Semester: Early January;
- Summer Semester: Late May
Program taught in: