The history major fosters an understanding of ourselves and our world through the study of the past, both remote and recent. The program develops critical thinking and a broad background in issues and ideas from our past. The major thus prepares students for transfer to B.A. programs in history. It also offers students fundamental preparation for careers in business, government, teaching, and a number of professional fields (for example, paralegal or law careers).
- analyze and explain major events and forces in specific world regions
- interpret evidence from visual materials, oral accounts, statistical records, and artifacts
- recognize the distinction between primary and secondary sources and understand how each are used to make historical claims.
- analyze how historical evidence can lead people to various conclusions
- explain cause and effect of historical phenomena.
- understand the construction of differences and similarities among groups and regions, and value how global forces influence local and regional developments
See 17 more programs offered by Sacramento City College »
This course is