This program is an interdisciplinary science that seeks to study and understand the physical processes of Earth and other planets. This includes plate tectonics, rocks, minerals, earthquakes, volcanoes, the fossil record and Earth’s history and past climate, and natural geological resources.
- environmental monitoring, protection and remediation
- energy and mineral exploration
- evaluate ideas about the natural universe using testable methodology
- examine and enumerate the importance of continuous examination and modification of accepted ideas
- analyze a wide variety of natural phenomena
- apply knowledge of current geologic processes to the understanding of Earth’s past geologic history
- analyze contemporary geologic problems including the implications of human activities on geologic resources.
See 17 more programs offered by Sacramento City College »
This course is