The Early Childhood Education Teacher A.A. Degree provides preparation for employment as a teacher in early care and education settings.
Upon completion of the degree students will be eligible for the Teacher Permit through the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. The coursework in this program focuses on typical and atypical development, the culture and ecology of children and its relationship to learning, curriculum development, assessment, and program planning and implementation.
- Child care provider
- Child Care Center Director
- Assist in the development of children in early care and education settings.
- Understand typical and atypical development of children and the many factors that influence development
- Develop appropriate and individualized educational practices for children of all diverse backgrounds
- recognize the importance of early childhood as a unique time in children’s development that requires specialized and appropriate activities, routines, interactions, and guidance
- construct an eclectic understanding and appreciation of child development that synthesizes development theories, research, and experience into a foundation for practice
See 17 more programs offered by Sacramento City College »
This course is