This hands-on, skills-based program prepares students for careers in television, radio and the internet. Learn to produce TV newscasts, live sports coverage, entertainment shows commercial and promotional video. Students receive top-notch videographer and field reporter training using professional video cameras, non-linear video editing equipment and professional audio editing software. Gain valuable experience by producing, hosting and broadcasting on the college’s radio station.
Coursework emphasizes real-life training for those who want to be on-camera talent or behind the scenes. During two internships in radio, television, film or with multimedia companies, students get genuine experience and time with industry professionals.
TV, Radio and Media Production Required Courses
- RTV-2000 Introduction to Broadcasting - Learn the history, power and scope of Electronic Media.
- RTV-2201 Broadcasting Techniques - Students will get hands-on training to direct a “live” three camera studio production as well as assume studio crew positions.
- RTV-1245 Electronic Field Production - Hands on experience in Electronic News Gathering, documentary and filmstyle techniques to create a program outside of the studio.
- RTV-2242 Advanced Television Studio Production - Students step up to produce and direct a “live” three camera studio production.
- RTV-2270 Radio Production and Programming - Students will develop announcing and audio production skills for radio, and other audio productions while learning to operate a professional audio console and use multi-track audio software to produce content for the college radio station, Hawkradio.com.
- RTV-2246 Advanced Electronic Field Production - Students take a very practical approach toward learning the techniques of how to write, produce, direct and edit shortform field productions.
- RTV-2300 Broadcast News – Students learn to write in the broadcast news style as they create reports for radio and television.
- Radio/TV Internships - Students seeking RTV degrees and certificates are required to complete internships working on-the-job with a radio or television station, or production house.
See 30 more programs offered by Hillsborough Community College »
This course is