This option prepares students to transfer to a bachelor's degree psychology program. The coursework is designed to foster an appreciation and understanding of (1) the scientific study, (2) measurement, and (3) perspectives and concepts (both historical and contemporary) of behaviors and mental processes fundamental to psychology. Program graduates will learn fundamental knowledge concerning psychological processes and research methods for investigating basic and applied problems in psychology. Students will apply relevant research to analyze and evaluate psychological perspectives and concepts.
Special Note About Fall 2020: 90% of classes will be offered fully online or remote live (online with web-conferencing).
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Examine the essential elements of the history of Psychology.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of the various contemporary perspectives within the field.
- Appraise the scientific study and measurement of psychology and its concepts.
- Evaluate the basic physical, cognitive, social, and emotional aspects of development through the lifespan.
- Discuss the basic structure and physiology of the nervous and endocrine systems.
- Express informed personal views, based upon current research, regarding controversial topics in the field.
For additional information about our program, please visit our online catalog - http://catalog.brookdalecc.edu/.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website - www.brookdalecc.edu/international.
About the School
Brookdale Community College is public community college in Lincroft, Monmouth County, New Jersey. Open admissions, ESL/international student support, a safe campus environment, and easy transfer to un ... Read More